SSI Extended Range
SSI Extended Range divers will be trained to utilize singles with H-valves or twinsets, and stage cylinders. They will be introduced to advanced dive planning and make training dives as deep as 150 feet. Students will also learn oxygen procedures and may use hyperoxic nitrox gases for limited decompression and to improve off-gas efficiency at safety stops.
"The intent of this course is to provide divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 150 feet utilizing technical diving equipment and procedures with an equally qualified dive buddy."
- Science of Diving
- Deep Diver
- EAN / Nitrox Diver
- Stress & Rescue Diver
- Advanced Diver Certification
- Logged 50 logged dives including 6 nitrox dives
- Minimum 18 years old
Each diver enrolled in the program must complete an effective watermanship skills evaluation that includes:
- 400-yard surface swim using a mask, snorkel and fins
- 15-minute survival swim/float without the use of mask, snorkel, fins or other swimming aids
- Swim a horizontal distance of 30 ft. underwater, exhaling continuously and successfully initiate an air sharing ascent while wearing all of the equipment required for their TechXR Extended Range training dives.
Course Fee: $595.00
- Extended Range Kit (Manual & 2 Slates)
- Instructor Fee
- Certification Card
- Complete Technical Diving System
- Stage Cylinder w/ Air Delivery System (Oxygen Clean)
- SMB (Surface Marker Buoy)
- Whistle & Slate
- High Capacity Cylinder with H-Valve or Twinset
- Charter Boat Fees
- Nitrox Fills
- Rental Tanks & Weights
Please contact us if no dates are listed, (480) 833-2971
|Class Date||Class Time||Open Water Date|
Stop by El Mar Diving Center or call (480) 833-2971 to sign up or for more information.